Glamping, a trendy blend of glamour and camping, is becoming hugely popular in America. This luxurious camping style, offering the choice between furnished rentals worldwide or owning your own glamping tent, promises outdoor experiences with all the home comforts.
If you’re considering glamping, whether occasionally or more permanently, choosing the right luxury tent is essential for the perfect balance of nature and comfort. Here’s a guide to the best glamping tents and tips for selecting the ideal one for you.
Our Top Picks
Psyclone Tents Luxury Bell Tent
Outdoor Safari Glamping Tent
Best Tent for Stargazing
Wilderness Resource Stargazer Canvas Tent
The Psyclone Bell Tent, with its sides that can be rolled up, tops our list for luxury glamping tents. It’s well-priced and high-quality. The tent is spacious, with a 16′ 9″ diameter, allowing for various sleeping arrangements, like a king-size bed or multiple twin beds.
A standout feature is its removable floor, which I find incredibly useful. It’s great for opening up the tent on warm days and is easy to reattach quickly.
- Reasonably Priced
- Detachable Floor
- Durable Weatherproof Canvas
- Does Not Include A Stove Jack
The Outdoor Safari Glamping Luxury Tent offers an affordable yet high-quality glamping experience, featuring heavy-duty waterproof canvas and available in various sizes, with roll-up walls for better airflow.
- Durable 900D Oxford canvas material
- Waterproof, suitable for different weather conditions
- Available in multiple sizes (4m, 5m, 6m) to accommodate different needs
- Roll-up walls enhance ventilation and comfort
- Lower cost might reflect in fewer luxury features
- Size variations might not meet everyone’s space requirements
Best Tent for Stargazing
The Wilderness Resources Stargazer is a stylish and spacious glamping tent, perfect for star gazing with its unique roof design. It’s 13-foot diameter allows for flexible sleeping arrangements and its heavy-duty construction ensures durability in various weather conditions.
- Lightweight design with a spacious 13-foot diameter
- Unique roof for stargazing, offering a special viewing experience
- Durable materials like heavy-duty cotton canvas and vinyl-coated flooring
- Mesh windows and doors for good ventilation and critter protection
- Initial setup can be challenging due to its unique design
- Better suited for longer stays rather than frequent relocation
The Dream House 4-Season Tent is a versatile canvas wall tent suitable for year-round use, combining size and durability. It comfortably houses eight people or fits two queen beds, with waterproof and windproof features for all-weather resilience.
- Large capacity, suitable for up to 8 people or two queen beds
- Heavy-duty, waterproof cotton canvas for durability in all seasons
- Includes PVC ground cloth and mesh windows, with easy setup compared to similar tents
- Lacks a stove pipe vent for wood heating
- Higher cost, though it offers long-lasting quality
The PlayDo 4-Season Bell Tent is a top-rated luxury tent for glamping, known for its durable, waterproof, and fire-resistant canvas. It offers excellent ventilation, spacious interior, and is easy to set up, making it suitable for year-round camping.
- Thick, durable, and waterproof canvas, suitable for all seasons
- Fire-resistant material allows safe indoor cooking or wood stove use
- Spacious and well-ventilated with mesh windows, top vent, and roll-up sides
- Quite heavy, which may not be ideal for carrying to remote campsites
Glamping Tent Buyer’s Guide
When buying a glamping tent, consider the following extended guidelines:
- Types of Tents: Your choice will impact both aesthetics and functionality. Options include:
- Bell Tent: Resembling teepees or yurts, they’re spacious and easy to set up.
- Wall Tent: Known for their spacious interiors and high vertical headroom.
- Tepee: Unique in shape, offering seasonal versatility.
- Yurt: Comfortable but less portable, great for colder climates.
- Cabin Tents and Rooftop Tents: Offer traditional camping tent styles with additional space or elevation.
- Capacity Needs: Assess the number of occupants and extra space requirements for amenities like wood stoves or makeshift bathrooms. Larger tents are needed for more people or additional living space.
- Material Considerations:
- Durability: Quality glamping tents often use cotton canvas with heavy-duty poles.
- Weatherproofing: Ensure the tent is suitable for all seasons, especially for winter use.
- Breathability: Balance durability with ventilation needs.
- Flame Protection: Necessary if using a wood stove inside.
- Packed Weight: Important if you need to carry the tent to a site.
- Ease of Setup: Some tents offer quicker setup but may sacrifice sturdiness against harsh weather.
Make your decision based on these factors, tailored to your camping style, group size, and environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is glamping?
A portmanteau of glamorous and camping, glamping is simply a more luxurious form of camping that most often involves a larger tent, more comfortable furnishings, and additional amenities close at hand.
What is the difference between a glamping tent and a camping tent?
Glamping tents are seriously sturdy and spacious. They are built with heavy-duty materials like canvas for increased weatherproofing and have a sturdy wood or concrete floor. The downside is that they`re far less portable than camping tents. On the other hand, a camping tent is lightweight and portable but much smaller and less luxurious than its glamping counterparts.
What do you need to go glamping?
For DIY glamping, you need a glamping tent, sleeping gear, food storage, kitchen equipment, camp lighting, and more. The exact nature of your glamping gear depends on where you`re going and for how long. Don`t want to buy all your own equipment? Then consider a glamping rental instead!
Taking the time to find the best luxury tent pays off big time. It will make a huge difference to your overall enjoyment of your glamping trip.
If you have any more questions regarding glamping or how to choose a glamping tent, let us know in the comments below. We`d love to help!